Friday 8 November 2013

Chocolate Flapjack

flapjack

I've recently taken up Baking... ...And discovered that I'm actually quite good at it ♥  
GCSE Food Tech was indeed not so much of a failure after all...Take your 'D' and have it with custard, Miss Simpson, you Witch!!
It's really weird, but since I left home 8 years ago, I'd never made Cakes up until a few weeks ago when I went Mad Scientist in my kitchen with cinnamon buttercream, heart sprinkles, chocolate shavings and cocoa powder for two dozen Fairycakes which I then gave to my very appreciative nearest & dearest, who will now get fat instead of me - Mwaa haa haa! The next week, I dragged my bum out of bed to fetch Dandelions for Twylla from down the Dene next to where I live and hunted Blackberries to make a Fruit Crumble (Cheating with mixing a carton of mixed forest berries from ALDI in there because the Blackberry season was almost over - I know where the best spots are now though!) which I was well pleased with :D Next week is Cheesecake week! My newly-Christened Baking cupboard is now decently stocked - trying not to get too carried away with it and ending up with a few 25-stone friends by Christmas - Haha!

YOU WILL NEED:

175g/6oz Butter
175g/6oz Golden syrup
175g/6oz Sugar
350g/12oz Porridge Oats

[★] Preheat Oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Lubricate (Heh!) & line a 20cm/8in square baking tin with baking paper. I also did Mini-Flapjacks in cupcake cases!
[★] Melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat. Add the golden syrup and sugar to the liquid butter and heat gently.
[★] Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats with a pinch of cinammon. You can also add chocolate drops, Peanuts or anything else you fancy at this point.
[★] Pack the mixture into the baking tin and squash down. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, and cool.

FOR THE TOPPING, which also did a few Cupcake Flapjacks, I used:

1 Bar cooking Milk Chocolate
1/2 Bar Cadbury's Oreo Milk Chocolate.
1 pot Double Cream. Raspberries.
For most of the Cupcakes to contrast [ Chocolate tends to 'shrink' when it's being used on a Cake ;) ], I used white Chocolate for the Topping, Strawberries (Smarties would look awesome too!) instead of Raspberries and grating milk Chocolate over the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment