Wednesday 24 September 2014

Berries, Bunnies & the Blues

muffin4

W.h.i.t.e.C.h.o.c.o.l.a.t.e.A.n.d.F.o.r.e.s.t.F.r.u.i.t.s.M.u.f.f.i.n.s

I made a new batch of Muffins after the Dark Chocolate & Summer Fruits batch, replacing the Dark with White & the Summer Fruits with Forest Fruits, omitting the cinnamon  (and chucking a handful of walnuts in there for good measure ^.^ ) All feedback so far has been great and they've earned me a few new best friends on the Boyfriends side - Haha! This has been my first attempt with something squishy in baking and I'm well chuffed with how they've turned out. Proper soft, moist & awesome!

muffin3
WP_20140918_001

R.u.n.R.a.b.b.i.t.R.u.n.R.a.b.b.i.t

I made an example vinyl print of a sketch that's been lurking in my Scrapbook for years a few days ago and again, quite pleased with it! Wanted to see just how fiddly it would be to produce as an actual design on Clothing and the answer is LOTS OF COMPONENTS (23 separate parts to be exact, which had to be printed in layers)! I built a Rabbit today - Haha, and she's only 20cm tall! The stitches were quite fiddly and didn't look right to print so I want to test out my fabric markers on vinyl vs Fabric first to see how well they hold with wear before I start scribbling on my poor Bunny. Really happy with the weeny safetypins (despite being bastards to weed!) and the patch of actual Tartan vinyl I was finally able to use :)  The only thing I'd change for next time is popping a tiny black outline on the holographic eyes as this'll emphasize the contrast between those and the white face. Really looking forward to bringing the rest of my other Dolls to print! <3 It was just lovely seeing her go from a mad idea in my head to becoming an actual presence, something I've been lacking the confidence in for years :/

The Original:

lilrabbit
WP_20140918_002

angel

G.u.a.r.d.i.a..n.A.n.g.e.l.R.e.q.u.e.s.t.s.A.D.a.y.O.f.f

This Angel came home with me after she fell off a Shelf in front of me in Newcastle. I think she knew I needed a hand.
Matt says Don't worry & Stay Positive.
So I will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment