Friday 10 October 2014

Lush Haul

One of the perks of having an awesome boyfriend who adores both great beer and Newcastle, is that I'm now spending a lot more time there with him on mooching tripstrecks to BrewDog Bar ;) and I'm finally in the regular vicinity of a Lush Store <3

 Boyfriend also adores Lush and will quite happily spend ages in there with me looking at all of the delicious goodies. I've loved Lush for years - ever since I first stepped into the York branch over 10 years ago as an enchanted teenager with a love of all things witchy & alternative, a strong desire for these magic little packages that promised something wonderful, womanly & unknown and a Newspaper Round wage that would cover neither.

 My very very first purchase was a bar of Soft Couer a few years later :)

WP_20141005_005

  Rock Star has to be my absolute favourite soap in the world. I use it as both a hand wash and a bath soap and adore the way it lathers and stays on your skin for hours. When accompanied with a bottle of Chardonnay, tea light candles and a copy of Harry Potter, it's probably the only thing in the world that cures a rough day at work and getting caught in the rain on the way home.

 I could eat Cupcake out of the tub with a spoon and it's great for putting the zing back into tired skin, although it can get a tad messy when taking it off.

 I'm a recent convert to Karma Soap, always picking it up in the Store and having an obligatory sniff and eventually bought my own bar to take home after using the Karma Solid Perfume a few months ago.  It makes me think of a pretty young Witch living in a Forest cottage enveloped in green ivy and beautiful read roses.

 Vanillary Solid Perfume is also jam-packed with long-lasting fragrance but I find it leaves residue on black clothes so I apply it under my chin out of reach of my predominantly black wardrobe.

 Ultrabland is a new discovery which I got under recommendation of the Girl's in Store. As someone who's never used toners, moisturisers or cleansers, I work in a food factory which kicks out a lot of grease and I'm always near the Fryer end which was playing havoc with my skin. Foundation only made it worse so I was getting a bit desperate. I've been using it for a week now and it's absolutely brilliant. I haven't had a single spot since I started using it and it leaves my skin so supple and soft. I can go out in minimal make-up now without feeling like a Monster that's been brayed with a tired stick - haha!

Lastly, I stocked up on a bar of Soft Couer to commemorate the three month anniversary of being with the Boyfriend <3 One of the Girl's helpfully told us that the bar is completely edible as she wrapped our purchases up  - much to our giggles and bum-nips on the way out ;) I'm saving it for a tea light night on a rainy evening <3 I sometimes rub a tiny bit on the inside of my wrists as I adore the toffee scent.

I also got a trial tub of New Charity Pot, which goes on lovely after a hot bath and has a floral buttery quality to it.

 What are your Lush stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment