Sunday 5 October 2014

The Bunny Ragdoll

After my [ Test Print // Muffin ] Post the other week, I tried out my Bunny Ragdoll on a black unisex tee. I'd been working on Wrestling Gear ] orders for two afternoons & evenings in a row so it was quite nice to wrap those up ready to take back to Sue for construction and blow the dust off my sketchbook.
I did toy with the idea for each Ragdoll to be released in two versions - one on a black tee with complimentary printed borders and one on tie-dye in complimentary colours with black embellishments, but eventually decided to attach each Ragdoll with his/her own two-tie-dye colours or an elaborate printed embellishment to make that type of Shirt unique to the Ragdoll.


B.u.i.l.d.i.n.g.A.B.u.n.n.y
This design is made in stencil format as per usual Vinyl Printing Methods, each layer being heat-sealed at 160°, printed on top each other and done entirely by creating a centre-fold and constructed by eye. The various stencils are sized, cut and weeded from 8 different shaded rolls of vinyl in 35 parts including black, white, purple, red, tartan, metallic green, spectrum chrome & mirrored chrome.

Bunny on her own:


Metallic green/Red Rose detail added and mirrored chrome Needle, Scissors, Button, Safetypin & Broken Heart complete the circle:


Close-up:


Side view to show reflection of Chrome:


I'm super happy with how this has turned out. The sewing accessories were added as a later "Hmm-this-still-needs-a-bit-extra" feature after a bit o thought and the metallic green & mirrored vinyl don't take too much attention away from the Bunny Ragdoll. She's my first 'Gothic' design and I'm well proud of her.
Can't wait to get the rest of my Ragdolls in print :D


No comments:

Post a Comment